– 6 garlic cloves, 2 peeled
– small bunch flat-leaf parsley
– 85g fresh breadcrumbs
– 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
– 4 tbsp garlic & herb soft cheese
– PLUS 4 tsp olive oil
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Whizz together the 2 peeled garlic cloves, parsley and 1 tsp olive oil in a food processor. Add the breadcrumbs and seasoning before pulsing briefly to mix. Tip onto a plate.
2. Cut a slit (roughly thumb-length) in the side of each chicken breast, at the plump end. Spoon 14 of the soft cheese into each hole and press the edges together to seal. Rub 2 tsp oil over all the chicken breasts before pressing the herby crumbs onto them – this step is super messy so be prepared for it
3. Place the coated chicken in a shallow roasting tin. Scatter round the remaining unpeeled garlic cloves and drizzle with the rest of the oil. Bake for 20-25 mins until the chicken is cooked and crumbs crisp and golden. Squeeze out the soft, roasted garlic from the skins and serve with the chicken.