Gluten Free Chinese New Year ‘HONEY’ (Agave Nectar) Chicken with Cashew Nuts – 2015
Ingredients (Serves 2)
Enough steamed rice for 2!
Oil for cooking
2 Chicken Breasts
Handful of Cashew Nuts
Extra corn flour for the chicken
The ‘Sticky’ Sauce
3 Tablespoons of Rice Vinegar
3 Tablespoons of GF Soy Sauce
6 Tablespoon of Agave Nectar (or whatever you prefer.. honey would work if you prefer)
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Sesame Oil
9 Tablespoons of Water
3 Tablespoons of Corn Flour
1) Make your sauce by measuring out all the sauce ingredients and mixing them in a bowl (you will only need a small bowl – mix it enough to make sure the corn flour is fairly blended in – put to one side).
2) Peel and very finely slice your carrot.
3) Chop up your chicken.
4) Cover your chicken in corn flour (This is not essential but when you fry the chicken it goes a bit crisp and golden which I like)
5) Fry your carrots until they are a little softer. (We use a wok for all our cooking but a frying pan would do for this recipe)
6) Add the chicken and continue to fry until cooked through.
7) Add the cashew nuts so they are fried lightly.
8) Make sure you have the heat turned up high and pour in the sauce mixture.
9) Shake the wok a little and keep mixing it trying to coat all your chicken, carrots & cashews.
10) It will only need the best part of a minute on a high heat, the mixture will reduce down to a sticky ‘epicness’! Take it off the heat once it has reduced.
11) Serve straight away on a base of steamed rice… enjoy!